Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saturday October 2nd

I think I'm starting to get my barring around here. Since I slept in today (7am!) I was well rested and ready for a day of wandering my new city. Julie and I went to grab a coffee (you have to order an Americano since coffee gets you a cappuccino) before we set out to go sari shopping. Alas, the sari shop was closed so we went to Esprit (yes, the same one we have in America). Unfortunately for my wallet, they had a lot of things I would buy. I should have pulled out the camera at this point because it's so odd to see these very nice buildings spaced out between streets that are in desperate need of a repair, trash, a dead pigeon and anything else third world you can think of. We walked by the Hard Rock Bangalore and Sean Kingston will be playing a concert tomorrow night and they have an American menu! Alas, the opening ceremonies of the Commonwealth games are tomorrow so I'll have to miss that concert (more on the games tomorrow).    During the daytime Brigade Rd (where the fruit stand is located) is just as busy but with less beggars. Julie showed me a bookstore that appears to be India's version of Barnes & Noble-very refreshing and all books are in English.
My goal for this week is to take more pictures of non-food items. I obviously already look like a tourist so I don't think I'll be drawing anymore attention to myself by pulling out a camera. I realize that I've only been taking pictures of food, but food doesn't look at me like I'm an alien (the white-skin thing I guess is different to people over here) so for more food pictures...



Veggie pizza from Fireflies

No comments:

Post a Comment