Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Monday September 27th

I've finally landed in India!! Bangalore to be exact. It's the Silicon Valley of India so I'm expecting big things. My bags were less fortunate and have yet to arrive. I took a rest day today since I'm 12.5 hours ahead of LA and got to check out what Indian cable has to offer. There are a couple English channels and they play shows that aired about 4 years ago (Gilmore Girls, Fear Factor, The Simpsons). The apartment is a two bed/two bath "fully" furnished apartment with a kitchen, dining area and couches. It's actually really nice except for the mini-ants that roam the floors/counters. We asked people at work about them and they said there is nothing you can do about them, everyone has them and there's no easy/good way to get rid of them. The only time I went out of the apartment today was to go to lunch with Julie to Sunny's, a not-so-Indian restaurant across the street. It had a large menu (on a Cheesecake Factory scale) and the chicken sandwich I ordered was pretty good-not spicy but had a lot of mayo. We attempted to be adventurous for dinner and ordered from Kabob Korner, however this proved to be less of a success than Sunny's. It arrived very quickly but my chicken kabob was a burrito look-alike that just didn't smell right. So, since the two things Julie and I ordered came to around $2, we decided to play it safe and order from Sunny's again.

No comments:

Post a Comment